About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...so far!

My break started early Tuesday morning, I drove through the cold and rain back to New Market. I spent the afternoon with my best friend Paige and introduced her to my newest art obsession, the paint chip project that I did two weeks ago and posted here.

That evening I went to visit my friend Noah who I haven't seen in a year and half.  He's in the Air Force and has been stationed in Montana.  He was home for the month as he leaves in December for overseas.  It was so great seeing him after so long.  He, unfortunately, had to fly back this morning before being able to enjoy the holiday with his family.  I'm so thankful for our friendship and so grateful for what he and his fellow soldiers do every day.  I love having so many soldiers in my life.  I feel blessed to be able to know them and learn from them and spend time with them this holiday.

Wednesday morning, my brother John and I took the trip to Fort Meade to visit the Alwines! We had a fun day of cooking, cleaning and spoiling the kids! We played bananagrams, watched a terrible movie and I was in bed before 11. (which was lucky since my wake-up call came at 7am).  Abi crawled in and started singing "Gee gee" bright and early.  She was a good cuddle bug for about half an hour before she needed to get out of her room and wake up Declan.  Becca, John, Jennifer and I ran a makeshift 5k Turkey Trot to start the day.  Now we're enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade per tradition before we get back to the baking, cooking and eating! More pictures and details will come over the next few days as the celebrating and eating will not end today!

Happy "Ganksgiving", as Declan would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment