About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cheers!

I got this itch to do something creative and fun since I keep reading all these cute DIY and vintage-obsessed blogs.  I wanted to spruce up our apartment at the same time.  My crafty To-do list is growing, and because I have yet to learn to sew, I need to start with the non-sewing-related ones.  This idea is simple and cheap.  I took many color paint chips from Walmart and bought a $5 plain frame there as well (along with a bottle of Riesling, but that's not required for the project).

The instructions can be found at A Beautiful Mess.  You should start following this blog, because a lot of my idea come from there and they are genius!

Sarah and I had so much fun (maybe that was the wine?) and we want to make more! We've decided to go back to Walmart tomorrow to complete a set of three, using different words and more specific color schemes.  More pictures of tonight's fun are on my Facebook page and I'll be adding some of the completed work tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Maggie, I wish you the best!(Hayley)

    ReplyDelete