About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

'Tis the season!

No I'm not talking about Christmas. I do not believe in getting ahead of ourselves and I think the pilgrims would agree... I mean fall! The most beautiful season (next to spring of course).

What is not to love about pumpkins, hot cocoa, Thanksgiving and sweaters? I'm not a huge fan of cold weather but when I get to cuddle up in a fuzzy sweater with hot cocoa and pumpkin pie, I am one happy girl. Then it can just skip winter and head straight to spring, but that's for another blog.

This is my Daily Gems - Fall Edition. All my favorite things about fall!

These adorable fun things
are from my favorite store,
www.charlotterusse.com
1. This sweater! Ah! It is just so adorable and would be incredibly comfy for going out or staying in. And it has fun colors for pairing with earrings or scarves.  I found it on amazon.com for only $24...but alas, I will have to just keep dreaming about it.

2. Boots! I really don't have to say anymore, do I? Brown, black, fuzzy, leather. I love them all. They work with jeans, dresses, skirts...However, note to girls at Roanoke College: boots do NOT work with booty shorts. Have some respect; wear real pants.

3. Scarves are the most useful and easiest accessory for fall.  I have a million (most of which were made by my wonderful Aunt Sue). Almost any outfit can be made new with a scarf and they really can help you stay warm! I keep my on in class so I don't have to wear a heavy coat or sweater if the classroom stays cold. RC can never get the temperature right.

4. I do love clothes, but my all-time favorite thing about fall is pumpkins!  Today I had pumpkin ravioli by Healthy Choice and am driving myself crazy looking for a recipe to make it at Thanksgiving dinner.  (Suggestions?)  I made a pie a few weeks ago and enjoyed it both plain and in a pumpkin pie milkshake. Recipe found at one of my favorite blogs: A Beautiful Mess

5. Another great thing about fall? Cool runs in the evening. I've gotten to run about an hour before sunset a few times and every time I kick myself for not having a camera. (I'd stop to take the picture, not Yes Man style photography.)  There's a row of red bushes next to the golf course in Salem that I run past and they just glow in the sun set low in the sky.  The leaves covering the grass and sidewalks crunch under my feet and everything feels perfect.  I just pretend it won't be getting any colder...

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. I had pumpkin ravioli in Verona, Italy and it was fantastic. Wonder if we could make it and toast it for an appetizer?

    ReplyDelete