About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Black and White Affair

Last night was Roanoke College's 5th Annual President's Ball.  This means students, faculty and staff get all dressed up, drink some alcohol (cash bar for those old enough, pregaming for those that aren't) and enjoy three floors of food, dancing and way too many people.

Alex came to visit for the event, as he did last year, to be my date. My roommates and friends went along with us. I borrowed a gorgeous LBD from a friend before I even knew the theme "Black and White Affair" and finally found the perfect pair of purple heels Friday afternoon at Plato's Closet (Charlotte Russe brand, $8!).  Sarah helped do my hair up in a 'beehive' for a classy look and I loved it! 

My shoes did last most of the night. I had them off for a song or two when I could no longer stand, but I put them back on for walking. Just don't tell Jenna Marbles...

On the first floor we enjoyed strawberries and pound cake in a chocolate fondue fountain. Upstairs there was a buffet line containing pastas, breads and much more that I was too full and too ready to dance to try.  The basement was more of a club scene with dancing music, but we stuck to the top floor which had a live band who knew all the best dancing songs to play. I even got a slow dance with Alex! Though I couldn't tell you what the song was. I had never heard it before, and the words were hard to understand. 

We headed to the bar afterwards for some dollar pizza and another drink. I gave in and changed to flats. After a whole pizza and a round of Cranberry and Vodkas we were ready for bed....we until Sarah and Molly wanted mac'n'cheese...This has become our favorite late-night snack.  I converted Sarah to Velveeta but Molly still makes her own box of the original Kraft (gross!) so two pots of cheesey goodness later, we did finally call it a night. Wonderful Prez Ball, but sadly the last :( I'm glad I had such wonderful people to share it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment