About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Creating leftovers

Our Thursday dinner was a success! We had so much fun cooking, chatting, drinking wine and watching the kids play.  After squeezing 15 people into Rebecca's dining room and enjoying way too much stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a delicious turkey, the girls (and Patrick) went for a walk, leaving the men to their football.  Then we started the clean-up mixed with some dessert: pumpkin jelly roll, caramel dip, and TWO kinds of brownies. The kids finally gave in and went to bed and the house was quiet by 9:15.  Rebecca had mentioned braving Target for their 10pm sales but she gave up that idea and headed for bed shortly after.  John, Steven and I pretended to watch more TV, still suffering from our food coma before following her not long after.

The next morning, John and I headed home but snuck Declan along for the trip.  We arrived home to find Aunt Sue at Mom's but no one else.  The party finally got started about 3pm when Bob and Kim showed up with food (and wine!).  We started snacked, they started cooking and we delighted in another "Thanksgiving" meal.  I made cookies and we had another pumpkin jelly roll to bring ourselves to a very uncomfortable level of full.

What a happy Thanksgiving, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment