About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

DIY organizing

I finally came up with my own DIY project.  A few weeks ago, I found a perfect-sized box in my apartment.  It was open on the top, sturdy and look about right for storing toiletries, desk supplies, anything of the like.  However, it was ugly.  So today I took a purple shirt that I never wear and cut it up, creating a cover for the box.  Pictured is the box, shirt, scissors and glue to build this simple storage box.  I did have to switch and use my two-sided tape because the glue was a great disappointment.  However, if you have the right kind of glue for cloth and cardboard, that would be best.

The shirt was just the right size to cut the front from back and wrap it around the long side and around the bottom.  Then I cut the rest of up into two small rectangles for the ends and taped it all together. Super simple and it looks great on my the bathroom shelf, home to my brush, makeup and hair creme.

Paper would work as well, but I really like the look of the cloth.  Plus I was able to work in the college logo from the shirt right on the front.  A perfect Sunday afternoon organizing project. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment