About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

cooking, baking and crafting, oh my!

This past week and weekend, I was able to do some more of my favorite things!  I tried out a new meal of mushroom and orzo which turned out wonderfully!  I also made chocolate banana muffins in a mini muffin pan. They're great for popping them in your mouth for a quick treat.  Alex loved them...He and I also made a great meal of raspberry baked chicken (we used raspberry vinaigrette dressing as a marinade) and sauteed some veggies to go with it.  He does all the chopping for me because, as I'm sure I have mentioned before, I HATE chopping vegetables.  

On that note...I also got to do some crafting! Sarah and I hit up Goodwill and found some neat jars and glasses. we poured some paint inside them to spread around the edges to make the colorful from in the inside with minimal work.  Note: these are not for drinking or storing food; we're using them for storing pencils, makeup brushes and for pretty decoration.  It takes awhile to dry but it turns out pretty cool and they are all different in the end.  I got the idea here but have since seen alternatives with glitter and such.  It's a fun way to jazz up some old mason jars or funky glasses. This jar I'm using for my makeup brushes and I added some ribbon to another one that looks like a lighthouse.  Right now, it's sitting in our living room and we might add some fake flowers to it for some more color!

Update so far on my running plan: 24 miles this month! My new February workout plan starts tomorrow, of course. So I'll have updates on that, too.

Teaser: This weekend I attended a vintage store benefit and fashion show.  Not only did I get to dress up in my favorite 20s attire, but I won a great vintage prize.  I'll tell you more about that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment