About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recipe Journal

If you're like me at all, you probably have had many kinds of notebooks, journals, diaries, etc. for as long as you can remember. I love to write, but I've never been a great journaler (yes, I made up a word). But I still love cute, colorful journals and the optimism and excitement that goes with them. I always tried to keep journals or find something to put in each, but have never successfully kept one going. I have many pretty, partially-filled journals on my shelves at home (sorry Mom).  But over the summer, I won a very shinny and colorful journal from a book club blogger Suzanne Beecher. She's great, check her out.

I love this journal and it is ever signed with a little note from Suzanne, but did I really need yet another journal to sit mostly empty on my shelf? No, I was determined to put this one to use and I found a great way to do it.

This is a recipe for Red Velvet Donuts found on
A Beautiful Mess.


After I started finding great recipes from blogs and friends, I decided I needed to keep them all in one, convenient place. Now I don't have a recipe box like my grandma did, and this was before I discovered Pinterest.  (Plus, I hate having my laptop sit on the counter while I'm mixing and measuring.)  So I started copying down the successful and yummy recipes into this pretty journal! Now I have them all, clearly written without all the fluff. And I don't mind bringing it into the kitchen.  I have left plenty of space for pictures, comments and tweaks, too!

How do you organize your recipes? I hope some day to have this completely full of all my favorite things to make and eat. I think it will be a great way to pass down recipes to future generations! (My sisters' kids, I mean...)

No comments:

Post a Comment