About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Spring Break Preparation!

Besides wasting lots of time and giving women false fantasies about their weddings and future homes, Pinterest can be somewhat useful for sharing motivating words as well as health and fitness suggestions.  I found some great short workouts specific to legs and abs (I'm on the lookout for arms and shoulders next!) and I plan to put these into action Feb 1st.

Before you start thinking this sounds like an "I'll start tomorrow" thing, I already did the leg workout today to tweak it and I'm doing abs tonight to see if I do like it.  Currently, I am writing up a 'Health & Fitness Calendar' for the month to keep me checking things off.  I've also added a goal of having one meal each day (or more) that is made/eaten specifically because of its health benefits.  I have found and made so many new recipes lately that this won't be hard at all.  The hardest part is keeping the right foods in stock and keeping myself accountable.

This is why I made the calendar.  I can see every day whether or not I have eaten a healthy meal, taken my vitamins and completed my workout.  I can cross it off when I have, and continue the countdown to two consecutive trips to New Orleans and Marco Island! More on this soon.

I hung it up, with some other
workouts in a place I'll see it every day.
In addition to this highly optimistic plan, I have started keeping track of ideas for blogs.  I want to use this place as a way to share great things I find, make, and do.  I want to start adding my fitness and health goals (as seen above) but also my cooking adventures, lifestyle dos (and don'ts) and my fashion finds.  I'd love feedback, suggestions and your own stories! Comment here, email me or find me on Facebook and Pinterest if you haven't already!  For my workouts and progress on my running goal, add me on dailymile.

No comments:

Post a Comment