About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gems and Jewels

Well it's time I kept up with something I promised to do. It's time for another Daily Gems.

I truly have a purple scarf
of this exact design. Aunt Sue,
you are a genius!
My first one is my favorite by far. I discovered while online window shopping (I didn't buy anything Mom) that I already have some of this fall's best styles. Not only am I ahead of the game, but I got them for real, hand-made with love. It sure made me giggle when I spotted not just a hat and a scarf that my Aunt Sue had made for me, but the sweaters sure look familiar too! How lucky am I? I'm spoiled rotten with wonderful gifts and if the weather ever decides to act like fall, I'll be ready in style! 

2. I got yet another free and delicious Subway sandwich thanks to my mother who mailed me her loaded points card with some other gifts and a nice note. Mail and freebies are so great!

3. I love quiet cafes. While I couldn't find the Mill Mountain that seems to have disappeared in Southwest Roanoke I found Pino Gelato and enjoyed a pumpkin spice and caramel coffee and got more work done (and some fun) in an hour than I had the rest of the day. 

4. Warm cinnamon applesauce. It's not quite Mom's homemade but it's a nice treat after a long day.

5. Beautiful jewelry by Stella & Dot that is gorgeous and can be mixed and matched and changed to fit exactly what you love. I know what's on my Christmas list...
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment