About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Friday, March 16, 2012

March Workout Plan

I know March is halfway over so this is a combination post of what I've accomplished and what I plan to accomplish the rest of the month.

So far I've run 15 miles this month (or actually in the last 11 days). My goal is about 25 miles a month to reach my goal of 300 miles a year. I hope I can get closer to 30 miles.

I've also worked out every SINGLE day this week, which is kind of crazy. I always make goals for the week and only do about 3/5 of whatever I plan.  That just means I plan bigger to get more done.  But now, I've decided I don't have to RUN or do a long work out every day for it to count as a workout. This makes it a lot less stressful and I know I have time for a short ab workout or interval training. It's also easy because I can do a lot of these things right in my room rather than depending on the weather or scheduling time to go to the gym.

I've made a schedule for the next 2 weeks that consists of a mix of running, interval training, and short ab or push up workouts.  I've also added a new health habit to the mix: not eating after 9pm on weekdays. So far, it's harder than I thought, but I figured I'd give it a try to see if it had any benefits. I don't really believe in dieting, but I do work to eat mostly healthy foods and no one ever eats anything healthy after 9pm anyway...

Today my short workout was 10 pike-plunge push ups, 15 tricep dips, 20 sec torso twists, cork screw x12, crisscross x20, 30 sec side planks, and 20 sec teasers.  I did it 2.5 times because the new push ups hurt a lot. My plan is to do more abs tomorrow before taking the rest of the weekend off.  But maybe I'll squeeze in hike on Sunday.

What are your fitness goals for this month?
Have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment