About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

This past weekend I traveled down to High Point, NC to see my boyfriend, Alex. He had a close track meet on Saturday so it was a great time to see him and see him run.  Sunday afternoon, we and two of his friends went to a natural science museum and zoo in Greensboro (only about a 25 minute drive).  I don't think four college students have ever had so much fun on a cold Sunday afternoon.
1-2. The weirdest monkeys ever. I think they're called gibbons. 3. An angry, pacing tiger. He never stood still. 4. A giant snake (reminded me of the one in Harry Potter 1!) 5. A loose turkey in the middle of mating season. He kept puffing himself up and I found it quite intimidating. 5. My silly boyfriend pretending to be a turtle...

After the zoo/museum, we found a nice diner and filled ourselves with eggs and pancakes (I'm always in the mood for breakfast, even at 5:30pm).

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. Mine was just delightful :D

No comments:

Post a Comment