About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

hearts or elephants

I'm not a big Valentine's Day person. I feel that's been said a lot today and I've decided you're usually one extreme or the other. You embrace and adore the day or you ignore it altogether. I just feel that we shouldn't have to be told one day a year to be nice to the people we love.

my new favorite piece of jewelry
from my new favorite online boutique
FrockStock
This is the only heart I wore today. I prefer my tiny elephant necklace and my purple elephant earrings that show not only who I am and what I love, but how amazing the man in my life is.  He knows not to waste time on flowers that die, or chocolate that I can buy myself. Instead, he finds those perfect, one-of-a-kind pieces that make me smile (okay, squeal) when I open it.

Moving on from this lovey-dovey day, I wanted to brag a little bit.  So far, I'm still right on track with my running goal and have missed only one day of my February fitness program. It's hard but so rewarding and I can already feel myself progressing.  I love having a regular workout and a way to out-do myself everyday.  As the Fab Ab Feb program ups the work out each day, it's always a challenge and it shows how easy it is to plateau and not push yourself.

Last week I found a new chocolate chip cookie recipe which I believe (with assurance from my roommates and my boyfriend) is much better than the Nestle Toll House recipe. (Sorry Nestle!)  It makes a lot of cookies, but I promise they'll go quickly. I used about half the chocolate chips and threw in a cup of Heath chips instead. Do you have other suggestions on how to mix up the regular chocolate chip cookie craze? Along with my continued baking obsession, my crafting as continued.  I am in the process of making a leather owl purse (inspired by this blog) and I made some fun reusable wine stoppers from wooden spools and yarn. They're super cute and quick to make. I think they would make good gifts for any wine-lovers.

That's all for today, but keep checking in. For fun daily updates and pictures follow me on Twitter!

Happy Tuesday! Oh fine, happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment