About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fish Art

I had a wonderful weekend! I hope you did, too. I celebrated Easter with my man and his fam and then he stayed until this morning. Talk about a long weekend! It was a very special treat. Now there are only two real weeks left of classes for me and then I'll travel down to see him and celebrate his birthday. (I'm quite worried about present ideas, but that's not important now.) 

In other news, I finally finished my fish art.  It's a combination cut&paste and painting.  I made the fish by constructing scales out of magazine clippings for a colorful, shiny look.  Then I painted a small canvas (who knew they were so cheap at Wal-Mart?)  and pasted the fish on top.  Ta-da!

I think there will be more to come.  I just love the simple, imperfect look.  I have a fun little reminder that life goes on and you've gotta "just keep swimming".  Anyone have a little Dori singing in their head? Me, too!

Happy Tuesday and have a great week!

PS I just got Instagram (Android has it now!) so expect more fun photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment