About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Long overdue update

I can't believe how long it's been since I've last blogged. I'm ready to fix that and stay on top of it for the rest of this exciting month. First, let me get caught up.

I'm officially going to Virginia Tech this fall and working at Camp Roanoke June-Aug.

I'm graduating in three, count 'em THREE (3) days :) I'm not super nostalgic or sad about this, to be honest. Let me put it this way: I have loved my time at Roanoke, my friends, my major and the whole campus. I am so happy with my decision to go here and I feel that I have been successful in making the most of it. BUT there is a reason it is a 4 year plan. It's the right amount of time in a place like this and I am ready to move on to the next adventure. I have a fun and active summer planned and a spectacular next two years ahead of me at VT and I couldn't be more excited about my future. I'm ready to move on.
This week and weekend will be FULL of fun, family, friends and, of course, graduation activities. I'll be sure to share some pictures and notes about that when things settle down on Sunday.  For more frequent updates: follow me on Instagram @maggiemchrist and on Twitter @by_mags. I love posting pictures!

Last week I spent six days in High Point for Alex's birthday and we had a fantastic time. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of his sweet birthday present, but I'm hoping to get him to send me one soon. I gave him a hand-made wall art. Spray painted canvas with "Don't Stop Believing" painted in his favorite color, orange. He and I both love that song, and it's not a bad message to see each day.

On to my fitness update: April got kind of messy and I slacked off a bit the last week and a half due to exams, stress and lots of fun at High Point. However, I managed to run 28.3 miles (an improvement from each of the months before and keeps me well ahead of my 300 mile goal for 2012).  I ran 2 miles this morning and have started the Mad Muscle May challenge. This is what it is so you can join me!


Lastly, thanks to Instagram and inspiration from other blogs, I've really gotten into taking more photos of special and simple moments. I've started the May Photo a Day Challenge and post my pictures to Instagram and Twitter.  Wanna try it?
 

Stay tuned for more about my upcoming weekend and have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment