About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Monday, August 8, 2011

My new plan

Since making plans to be more active, read more, write more, etc. doesn't really last much longer than a week or two, I've decided on a new strategy.  I'm going to 'sit less'. That includes sitting in front of the TV or on Facebook. I know I have to sit to read or write (usually) but I figured if I plan to be less in-active, I'll have to find ways to fill my time.  I'm hoping this will lead me to stick with the push-up plan, read more each day, and even start my summer reading for English Seminar (ha).  I might even sit and stare at my phone less!

My plan (formulated at about 3:15 today) has gotten off to a good start. But don't they always?  I've done a push up workout and my squats exhaustion test.  And I've posted my blogs from my trip as well as found a new project for the week.  I found a short writing contest to enter (thanks Mom) that has monetary and publication prizes.  I only have a week to write it so that may be my lunchtime task.

Well, I've officially spent too much time on the computer so it's time for homework.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment