About Me

My photo
Salem, VA, United States
I use this space for discovering and honing my passion for writing and sharing the best moments of my life. I'm a sister, a best friend, a roommate, a girlfriend, a writer. I'm a dreamer, a chocolate eater, a runner, a giver, a shopper. A reader and a hopeless romantic. I write when I can, I sleep when I can and love purple. Come share in my special moments and new adventures as life and love unfold for this twenty-something optimist.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bring on the new year!

With Christmas officially over (boo hoo!) I'm ready to get into the New Year mode. I've already been picking out some goals and resolutions for a healthier, happier 2012. I've never really been a resolution kind of person, being pretty pessimistic about change and self-disciple but this year will be different. I have decided to look at them as more of goals and plans rather than a cliche resolution. Plus, I'm following some good strategies to keep on task.  I'm taking some advice from blogger Emma from A Beautiful Mess.  She posted 5 Tips for Making and Keeping Your New Year's Resolution and it's quite helpful.  My first strategy is to write them down/post them so I can be reminded of what I promised myself and how I'm gonna accomplish by this time next year.

Goal Number 1:
Run 300 miles.  It averages out to about 5-6 miles a week.  This can include races and regular exercise.  It allows for some time off if weeks get busy but I can make up time during warmer and less hectic times of the year.  I will aim for 6 miles a week to keep on track but I don't need to get discouraged if I fall short one weak.

Goal Number 2:
Make a new DIY/craft each month. I want to continue with the interest I have recently found in crafts and DIY projects.  I have been reading great blogs and Pinterest always has fun ideas of things to make for decorating, organizing, gifts and just for fun.  I'd like to make at least one craft each month to keep the energy and excitement as well as maintain a fun way of relaxing and escaping from any school/job search stress. It will also provide new decorations and things to blog about!

Goal Number 3:
Blog every week. I think with school I would be unrealistic to blog every day, but every week is manageable. I know I need to keep writing and I want to keep writing for me.  I started doing pretty well with this last semester and I want to keep up with my writing and continue to grow.

This weekend I'm heading to Maryland to celebrate the New Year with my friends. I'm so excited to have some fun with the girls and get all dressed up for the night. When I get home on Sunday, it's time to tackle these goals!

Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment